Monday, 14 September 2026

Introduction

​

Hi everyone, 

Let me introduce myself, I am Amanda and I’m entering the world of nutrition and exercise as I enter my world into health with my bachelor degree that started this month. 

One thing that motivated me to study health is the fact I wanted something I can do to help my own health get better and help others too once I am qualified in 3 years. I tried many different courses but nothing grabbed me like health does. I be honest I’ve been putting it off for years but finally decided to bite the bullet and do it now. I tried doing a certificate in nutrition but they were out of my budget and the tafe course didn’t exist only a nutritionist assistant course which I didn’t want to do. I wanted to do something where I can actually do myself and benefit me and help others too!! I tried doing beauty but people in beauty I have found are very bitchy and catty. They like to spread rumours around that you’re unqualified and a scam artist when it’s not true. People can be selfish and cruel. So now I’m doing something that can benefit me greatly for many years to come. I have had people tell me why do you want to work in health? When people don’t want someone who is going to struggle?? Well that’s your close minded thinking, because health is a journey and the beauty about doing a 3 year course is the fact that you can improve and get better in health and fitness over those years of studying so that by the end of it you’ll be fairly fit to help others. I’m only 5”3 and around 65 in weight maybe 70 the most which is heavy for my body frame. I’ve only put weight on because of medication I take for my mental illness. I’m usually around 55 so being the size I am is fairly overweight which I’m not happy with since it makes walking and standing on my feet for long periods difficult. 


The one thing I hate about having a mental illness besides the weight gain is how people treat you and label you as useless because you have an illness. I am perfectly capable of doing and living a normal life just like everyone else. People are so judgemental including family too! I hate being treated less and like I’m stupid. If I was stupid I wouldn’t have a diploma of business management under my name. I wouldn’t have been in the high classes in high school and completed my year 12 schooling. If I was stupid I wouldn’t have passed my certificate 4 in youth work and the only reason I didn’t get my certificate because I couldn’t get work placement in Dubbo.

So I am doing this university degree to prove to them and most importantly to myself that I am capable of achieving greater things in life. That I know what I am talking about and I can run my own business too! Sorry for the rent but it’s just frustrating being labelled as less when I know I am capable of more. 

Please follow me at Instagram @fit_hustle_co

Bye for now.

If you’ve gotten this far tell me what type of post I should write next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

​ Hi everyone,  Let me introduce myself, I am Amanda and I’m entering the world of nutrition and exercise as I enter my world into health wi...